Wednesday, March 16, 2011

LIFE IS A JOURNAL... NOT A DESTINATION!

Well what do you know? Did I just re-coin a phrase or what? I love when I'm inspired by some random thought that appears somewhere in the middle of the right and left brains, which triggers a random signal that leads to my mouth, suddenly out pops a statement that surprises even me. "Life is a journey, not a destination"... these have been some of my favorite words to live by. I realized somewhere along the way, it was the little moments, which would eventually sum up my life. No abundant goal remains more important, than each simple joy that is experienced. This blog started out as a way to savor some of my simplest joys and share them with others. What it has become is a gratitude journal of sorts... you see, traveling to my lakehouse in Lake Arrowhead California has been a dream come true for me. After working since I was a teenager, being on my own when I was just 17 years old, I have always had to work hard to take care of myself. I worked for years, at times having three jobs at once... all the while working towards my goal of owning my own business someday. Once I achieved that dream and started a family, a new dream blossomed for me... the road of life just kept winding... the simple moments adding up into decades. I had always dreamed of having a busy career in the city, now I had that, I wanted a weekend house for my kids in the country. I knew if I set my mind to it, I could have the best of both worlds. The years passed by... hard work finally paid off when my dream came true. The moments, once again have quickly passed... the seasons have changed and time has faded into a glimmer of distant memories... all the while life's winding road causes us to forge ahead, exploring new journeys and new dreams. So, this leads me to why my blog has been kept, let's say, short and sweet... it is simply due to the fact that I have little time to write. Now I chase a new goal, yet again... one which will present an opportunity to share my thoughts more often, here and through other avenues... be it what they may! I smile... I feel a little giddy in my tummy, that's a good sign! Since owning the lakehouse I have completed two full length screen plays and several other small writing projects. I have archived my Grandmother's poetry collection and explored a bit of my own rhyming jive... lol! And now this, my first blog. Short and simple and full of GRATITUDE! I'm heading to the lakehouse soon, so keep your eye out for a fun spring recipe and cocktail! Be blessed, and remember what I always say... If you live your dream, you'll love your life. I'm living the dream today! monixo

3 comments: